Important Information About University Application
Know the things stated below before you apply to any university in South Africa
1. Closing Dates
Make sure you are aware of the closing dates of the various universities you intend to apply towards.
- Your application must reach the University before the closing date in order to be considered.
- For University application dates see the site menu
2. Online Vs Postage or Courier
Be aware of how your application must reach the University. Some universities such as UCT have an online application process while other universities require you to post or courier your application so that they have the physical copy.
- Make sure you allow for the amount of time that postage and delivery takes.
3. Exam Results
Make sure you have all your exam results from Grade 11 and June matric exam marks on hand. You will need to submit these results to the University with the application.
- You will need to submit a certified copy of these results. Never send the originals!
FYI: Some universities require you to complete a National Benchmark Test (NBT). Find out more here and check with the institution if you need to complete one.
4. Make sure all details are correct
Forms can be a pain to fill in, and are often complicated! Go through the forms slowly and make sure you fill in each part of the form carefully so that you do not make mistakes.
- Consider doing your application in pencil before you fill it in in with a pen.
- A black ballpoint pen is usually the accepted method for filling in forms, put the purple pen away!