How to Apply to Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
NMMU Application and Acceptance Process
When Should I Apply?
Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible in the application cycle, which commences in April of every year. You can find NMMU’s online application form here.
Applications for 2017 are currently closed, information will be provided as soon as it’s available.
South Africans learners wishing to apply online will need a working email address and an ID number. Foreign learners wishing to apply will need to have their passport number.
Students can also:
Provide your postal address and an application package will be sent to you
- Download an application form online, complete it and return it with accompanying documents
- Phone (041) 504 1111 to request an application form
- Personally collect a form from the Admission Enquiries counters located on South Campus, Missionvale Campus and George Campus
Applicants are required to pay an application fee.
Students may use one of the following method to application fees:
- Money order (purchased at a post office)
- Postal order (purchased at a post office)
- Cheque. The cheque must be crossed and marked “not transferable”.
- Cashiers: payment can be made personally at the university.
NOTE: Do not send cash in the post.
NMMU Banking Account Details
Bank: Standard Bank
Branch code: 050417
Account No.: 080263011
Reference: Write the word: Application and your name
Fax payment receipt to: 041 504 4722
Please attach a copy of the direct deposit or proof of payment to your application form.