How to Apply to Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
NMMU Application and Acceptance Process
When Should I Apply?
Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible in the application cycle, which commences in April of every year. You can find NMMU’s online application form here.
Applications for 2017 are currently closed, information will be provided as soon as it’s available.
South Africans learners wishing to apply online will need a working email address and an ID number. Foreign learners wishing to apply will need to have their passport number.
Students can also:
Provide your postal address and an application package will be sent to you
- Download an application form online, complete it and return it with accompanying documents
- Phone (041) 504 1111 to request an application form
- Personally collect a form from the Admission Enquiries counters located on South Campus, Missionvale Campus and George Campus
Applicants are required to pay an application fee.
Students may use one of the following method to application fees:
- Money order (purchased at a post office)
- Postal order (purchased at a post office)
- Cheque. The cheque must be crossed and marked “not transferable”.
- Cashiers: payment can be made personally at the university.
NOTE: Do not send cash in the post.
NMMU Banking Account Details
Bank: Standard Bank
Branch code: 050417
Account No.: 080263011
Reference: Write the word: Application and your name
Fax payment receipt to: 041 504 4722
Please attach a copy of the direct deposit or proof of payment to your application form.
Allow three working days for processing. Also keep a copy of the direct deposit or proof of payment should be in your possession at all times.
Clearly indicate the following on the postal or money order or on the back of your cheque:
- Your full initials and surname
- Write the words: “payment of application fees”
- Payable to Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University. The original money or postal order or cheque must be stapled to your application form.
Application fees are non-refundable. Payment of application fees does not guarantee entry to the university. Please do not send cash in the post.
For more information regarding application fees, please visit here.
Submitting Results and Documents:
School learners must ensure that all examination results from Grade 11 until September of Grade 12 are submitted. Failure to do such may result in delays within the student’s application process. You might find that you applied early in Grade 12 and thus only sent in your final Grade 11 results. If this is true, as the year progresses and you receive more results keep sending them through to NMMU, that way they will have all your results by the time finals come around.
Transferring students should too ensure that all transcripts and academic records are submitted as early as possible as well as that a final transcript of current studies being undertaken reaches the Admissions Office as soon as possible after receipt.