Future Nurses Nursing School
NURSING EDUCATION AND TRAINING | FUTURE NURSES NURSING SCHOOL
Future Nurses Nursing School (Pty) Ltd “FNNS” was established in November 2003 and provides equal opportunity education and training
to the Nursing sector. The school educates 100 learners in two intakes per annum and has 5 staff members.
FNNS enjoys provisional accreditation from the South African Nursing Council to offer the qualification Certificate for enrolment as an auxiliary nurse (GG.R.2176 of 19th November 1993) as amended, and is in the process of applying for accreditation for the new qualification which is Higher Certificate: Auxiliary Nursing R.169 Level 5. FNNS is also in the process of registering with the Council of Higher Education and the Department of Higher Education.
MORE ABOUT US
Future Nurses Nursing School (Pty) Ltd “FNNS” is a private company registered in terms of the South African Companies Act 1973. FNNS enjoys provisional institutional accreditation from SANC.
FNNS meets the black economic empowerment criteria through its shareholding and employment policies.
HIGHER CERTIFICATE: NURSING AUXILIARY COURSE
Future Nurses Nursing School : MINIMUM ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS:
• Students who register for this qualification should have any of the following:
• Access to this qualification is National Senior Certificate or an equivalent qualification at exit level 4
• Grade 12 Certificate or National Senior Certificate with the appropriate selection of subjects including:
o Mathematic / Mathematical Literacy
o Life Science / Biology
LEARNING ASSUMED TO BE IN PLACE
The following is a recommendation:
• Communication (English) level 4 or 3
• Mathematics / Mathematical literacy level 4 or 3
• Life Sciences level/Biology Level 4 or3
DURATION OF THE COURSE:
The duration of the programme is 1 (one ) academic year of at least 44 weeks full time study.
The course consists of theory and practical work.
Medium of tuition is in English
COURSE OF STUDY:
All theory is offered at the Academy:
• Nursing History and Ethics
• Basic Nursing Care
• Elementary Nutrition
• First Aid
• Anatomy and Physiology
• Introduction to Comprehensive Health Care
Theoretical examinations are conducted by the South African Nursing Council at the end of each study year. Practical examinations (clinical) are conducted by Future Nurses Nursing School at the end of the year.
Successful learners can register at the South African Nursing Council as an Auxiliary Nurse.
Fees include the following:
• SANC fees access (Registration and final examination)
• Democratic Nursing Organization of South Africa (DENOSA ) membership fee
• Practical tool ( Medical kit )
• Auxiliary prescribed books
Fees does not include the following
• Study Guides
• Own transport to facilities
• Achievers ceremony fees
Two intakes per year: January and June
+27 (0)11 873 1475
+27 (0)86 210 5145
20 Angus Road
PO Box 28465