Ithemba Nursing Academy
Ithemba Nursing Academy (Pty) Ltd is private nursing academy established in 2002 offering nursing courses to prospective nursing students in accordance with the regulations of South African Nursing Council. Ithemba is well positioned in the east of Pretoria en route to Mamelodi and is easily accessible to transport e.g. taxis, train and bus services.
Ithemba Nursing Academy is a multicultural nursing academy and is provisionally registered as a private Further Education Institution at the Department of Higher Education and Training until December 2016 (2010/FET 07/114). Ithemba strives to be a nationally and internationally recognized nursing education and training institution that responds to the needs of diverse students and other constituents.
- Higher Certificate: Auxiliary Nursing
- Diploma in Nursing: Staff Nurse
- National Senior Certificate or an equivalent qualification at exit level 4:
- English Higher Grade – Level 3
- Physical Sciences and/or Life Sciences – Level 4
- Mathematics / Mathematical Literacy – Level 4
- Computer Literacy – Level 3
- A candidate has to write a pre-selection test and undergo an interview prior to being considered for studies.
- A pass rate of 70% is a requirement for a pre-selection test prior that a candidate can be considered for an interview.
- Foreign qualifications should be verified with the South African Qualification Authority. A foreign candidate must have a valid study permit for the specific period.
- The Academy does not offer bursaries for prospective students.
- The Academy offers limited accommodation and a process is to be followed.
How to Apply/Register :
For Foreign Students
1.1. There are prescribed requirements to be submitted to the South African Nursing Council before consideration for training of foreign nurses
1.2. All candidates asking for recognition of previous nursing training must be registered / enrolled with the SANC prior to commencement of the course.
1.3. SAQA evaluation certificate of the educational certificate of the candidate must be provided before commencement of the course.
1.4. The student must be approved by the South African Nursing Council (SANC)
238 Willie Swart Avenue
P O Box 41801
Tell: 27 (0) 12 806 6104
Tell: +27 (0) 12 806 8930
Fax: +27 (0) 12 806 9792
Email address :email@example.com