Nestlés Future Talent Bursary South Africa
ABOUT THE COMPANY – NESTLE
Nestlé was formed when a merger occured between 2 companies, namely Farine Lactée Henri Nestlé and the Anglo-Swiss Milk Company. Today, Nestlé is the biggest food and beverage company across the globe, with a presence in 191 countries and over 2000 brands.
Nestlé South Africa has been delivering its products to consumers for over 100 years, and are continuously adding new products to their portfolio to meet customer needs. The companies product offerings include Frozen Food; Coffee; Beverages; Dairy; Bottled Water; Food; Cereals; Baked Goods; Chocolate and Confectionery; Infant Foods and Petcare.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The NFT (Nestlé’s Future Talent) Bursary scheme is available for children of Nestlé employees, as well as external students based on specific eligibility criteria. The reason for the implementation of the bursary scheme is to help address the skills shortage in South Africa, as well as to ensure continuity of Nestlé’s talent needs.
Bursaries will be awarded within the following fields of study:
- Technical and Production
- Supply Chain
- Finance and Control
- Human Resources
- Health Science and Nutrition
Students are expected to maintain a minimum average of 65% during the year and must submit semester results when applying for bursary renewal for the next year of study. Applicants are also urged to make payment for their registration, for which they will be reimbursed when awarded the bursary scheme.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African Citizen
- Between the ages of 17 and 25 years old
- Completed Matric
- Achieved a minimum “C” average (60-69%) in Matric
- Current tertiary students must have achieved and maintained a minimum average of 65% for the current year
- Registered to study full time at a recognised tertiary institution in South Africa
- *Preference will be given to students who have done Business Studies, Accounting, Mathematics and Science in Matric
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be done online at: https://www.nestlefuturetalent.co.za/bursary
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy),
- Latest academic results (if in Matric the latest school report),
- Confirmation of registration at tertiary institution,
- Full transcript of results (if student was on bursary in the previous year),
- Original quote/ tax invoice of course costs,
- Original quote/ tax invoice for textbooks,
- Tertiary institutions banking details (on letterhead).
30 September Annually.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Nestlé South Africa directly:
Contact Person: Mrs Mamello Makoane