Nursing In South Africa Salary
Registered Nurse (RN) Salary In South Africa
A Registered Nurse (RN) earns an average salary of R211,898 per year. Most people with this job move on to other positions after 20 years in this career. The skills that increase pay for this job the most are primary health care and Critical Care.
Typically, nurses’ daily tasks would include:
- Stock taking and managing nursing care supplies
- Looking after patients pre-operation and post-operation
- Administering and monitoring oral and intravenous medication
- Taking patients’ blood pressure, pulses, samples and temperature
- Supervising and training junior nursing staff
- Organising and assigning job tasks
- Writing and keeping track of medical records
- Giving emotional support where needed to patients and their relatives
In terms of the nurse salary, a Registered Nurse (RN) in South Africa earns an average annual income of around R 207 400. Depending on your skills, your experience, the city you work in and your employer, this annual income can go up to around R 319 300.