The Tax Faculty | Course In Taxation – (July 2024 to June 2024 intake)
The course is designed to empower course participant with applied working and practical knowledge of the fundamentals of taxation that will secure the course participant the license to practice as a registered tax practitioner with SARS and a professional membership with the South African Institute of Tax Professionals.
The course in delivered by The Tax Faculty and accredited by UNISA.
**Please note that the July 2024 intake will commence in July with the Business Tax module, and in January 2024 the Individuals Tax module.**
- The course covers the entire field of taxation (including value-added tax), excluding certain specialised areas and will enable course participants to calculate the tax of individuals including: farmers, partnership and sole traders
- It includes the taxation of companies, close corporations and trusts.
- This course is aimed at beginners as well as students who only need to update their knowledge in the discipline of Taxation
Who should enrol for this course?
This course will benefit:
- Partners in partnerships
- Farmers and persons involved in smaller businesses with a more formal business structure such as a close corporation or company people in employment
- The holders of public office (e.g. SARS),
- Sole traders will find this course very beneficial for personal and business purposes.
The Course in Taxation (May 2024 intake) commences on 11 July 2024.
Registrations must be received by 15 June 2024. No registrations will be accepted after the 15 June 2024
A senior certificate or equivalent qualification
Course participants will be required to study the study guides in conjunction with two prescribed textbooks. Course participants will be required to buy one prescribed book per module.
- A Student’s Approach to Income Tax: Natural Persons, 2024 Edition. (Lexis Nexis)
- A Student’s Approach to Business Tax: Natural Persons, 2024 Edition. (Lexis Nexis)
Assessment and award of certificate
Course participants are required to complete various assignments and exams, of which the assignments will be written at home. These will be marked by the lecturers and a comprehensive solution, with comments, will be provided after each assignment.
A two-hour paper for each semester will be written, one in May/June 2024 (Individual Tax module) and one in October/November 2024 (Business Tax module). The exams will be written at a UNISA exam centre of your choice depending of the area you reside in.
The marks obtained in the average of the two assignments constitute 20% of the examination mark. A total mark of 40% will be required for the successful completion of the course. Upon successful completion Unisa will award course participant with an HEQC accredited certificate at NQF level 6.
(This amount includes your registration fees) (payment to be made on sending registration forms to the Tax Faculty)
R7900-00 Registration fees (this amount to be paid when sending registration forms through to the Tax Faculty)
Repayment of R 745.00 over 10 Months
The Course Fee includes ALL study material and lectures through The Tax Faculty, but excludes prescribed books.
Business ax (July 2024 to November 2024)
Individual Tax (January 2024 – May 2024)