University of Johannesburg Admission Requirements
Requirements / APS
- The statutory minimum requirements for degree studies is a National Senior Certificate (NSC), with a minimum achievement level of 4 (50%–59%) in four recognised NSC 20-credit subjects from the designated subject list below:
Accounting, Agricultural Science, Business Studies, Consumer Studies, Dramatic Arts, Economics, Engineering Graphics and Design, Geography, History, Information Technology, Languages, Life Sciences, Mathematical Literacy, Mathematics, Music, Physical Science, Religion Studies, Visual Arts
- The total APS is the sum of the achievement ratings of the seven school subjects, keeping in mind that the performance rating achieved for Life Orientation must be divided by 2 and rounded up
- Life Orientation is not counted in the calculation of the APS for the Faculty of Science
- The University of Johannesburg requires all First Year students to write the National Benchmark Test (NBT), which is compulsory
|NSC / IEB Scale of Achievement||NSC / IEB %||UJ APS|
Click Here to Apply After Checking Your Requirement, Apply Now
Apply Online At UJ
How to complete And Apply online at UJ:
UJ has a number of different application forms for various types of applicants. Once you have selected the online application which is applicable to what you want to study at UJ, you can follow the link below and complete the application.
- Undergraduate Degrees & Diplomas
- Postgraduate Degrees & Diplomas / Certificate & B-Tech / Advanced Diploma
- International Applications
- Continuing Education Programmes (CEP) / Short Learning Programs (SLP) / Short Courses
- Recognition of Prior Learning
- UJ Application Form Apply using the hardcopy of UJ application form You can apply by filling in the hardcopy application form and post your completed application to: STUDENT ENROLMENT CENTRE
PO Box 524
South Africa Things to note when applying via hardcopy:
- The “old fashioned” way usually takes longer, so you’ll have to be patient.
- Have you calculated your APS? You’ll need to do this before applying.
- Make sure you have attached all relevant supporting documentation.