2024 How to Apply Durban University of Technology
How to apply
Planning a successful career at DUT doesn’t have to be a vague dream. We help prospective students make it a reality.
Are you having trouble deciding what career you would like to follow? We have developed a Career Decision-Making page – designed to take undecided learners through the career decision-making process in a systematic and user-friendly manner.
We hope that the information provided will enable you to make an informed decision about applying to DUT. To help you get the most out of the information provided, here are a few key points you should bear in mind:
- Identify the course you wish to study. Programmes offered can be found in the Department Handbooks.
- The minimum entrance requirements for admission to the DUT for a South African applicant is a Senior Certificate or a recognized equivalent qualification. Over and above the minimum entrance requirements, each department also sets specific entrance requirements.
- With effect from 1 January 2009 the following are the entrance requirements :
- a National Senior Certificate (NSC) as certified by Umalusi Council for Quality Assurance in General and Further Education and Training provided that a minimum of 4 recognised NSC 20-credit subjects must be passed.
- These four subjects must:
- include English with an achievement rating of 3 or better;
- not exceed 2 official languages; and
- have an achievement rating of 3 or better, in accordance with the NSC levels of achievement below:
- International applicants are required to check the International Brochure for detailed information on the admission process.
- Apply online at the Central Applications Office (CAO). (A prospective student who wishes to study at the DUT must apply via the CAO.)
Please complete the CAO application form, and attach certified copies of your identity document and Grade 12 certificate (or final Grade 11, June/ Trial Grade 12 report if you have not written your final examination). The application form must reach the CAO office before the closing date of 31 October. Please refer to specific programmes for relevant closing dates, as some programmes close earlier than 31 October. Include the appropriate application fee of R220 (non-refundable) when submitting your application form. Make sure that your application AND fee reach the CAO before the closing date. Submission of a completed application form does not imply that you have been accepted as a student, or that you may register. All applicants will be notified, in writing, of the outcome of their application. The CAO provides an on-line application facility. Kindly consult the CAO webpage at www.cao.ac.za
The Durban University of Technology (DUT) Online Application for 2024 is open from from 1 April to 30 November 2024.
Therefore Durban University of Technology (DUT) encourage prospective students to apply online via application form (Hard-Copy) early as possible for 2024 academic year.
Every student who wants to start a new qualification must apply for admission at Durban University of Technology Via Durban University of Technology online application tool. This Durban University of Technology online application window is open for;
- First-time Durban University of Technology applicants
- Durban University of Technology students changing to a new qualification and / or specialization
- Applicants who previously applied for admission and were not offered a space or who were offered a space, accepted the offer and did not register
- students completing a higher certificate or any other programme and who wish to continue with further undergraduate studies
How to Apply Durban University of Technology (DUT) Online Application 2024
In order to apply Durban University of Technology Online Application, you will need the followings:
- A working email address
- your South African identity number
- If you are an international applicant, your passport number
To apply Durban University of Technology (DUT) Online Application 2024
- Go to https://dut.ac.za/international_school/how_to_apply/
- Identify the course you wish to study. Programmes offered can be found in the 2024 Career leaflets and Study Opportunities.
- The minimum entrance requirements for admission to the DUT for a South African applicant is as below:
If you are unable to apply online, you may submit a paper application by printing the forms from the links below, and sending them to the Admissions Office at the address indicated on the right.
Durban University of Technology Application Forms 2024
Durban University of Technology Application Forms for 2024 admissions will become available in April 2024. Application procedureThe following recommendations are for the benefit of applicants.
When to apply
Applications should be submitted as early as possible in the applications cycle, which commences in April of each year.