2023 University of the Free State Application
Apply to study in 2023
Visit https://apply.ufs.ac.za to access the application system. For information regarding programmes and qualifications, view the 2023 UFS Prospectus here.
Application documents for admission for currently registered students
- DV2 Form (Application to change an incomplete qualification (degree/diploma/certificate) and or campus of studies by a registered student.)
- DV3 Form (Application form for registered students in their final year who wish to apply for a new qualification on completion of the qualification (degree/diploma/certificate) they are currently registered for.)
Together with the AP and language requirements as indicated in the 2023 Prospectus (for applications to study in 2023), you need the following:
- If an applicant did not pass the NSC with admission to Bachelor’s studies or the Senior Certificate (SC) with endorsement, he/she will have to apply for conditional exemption with USAf at mb.usaf.ac.za
- If an applicant wrote any other exam than the NSC, IEB or SC, he/she should apply for conditional exemption with USAf at mb.usaf.ac.za
- If an applicant completed a post-secondary school education and does not have admission to Bachelor’s studies or an endorsement, they should apply for conditional exemption with USAf at mb.usaf.ac.za
The UFS uses a conversion table to help us consider all applications equally. If you are an international and/or home-schooled prospective student, use the conversion table in the Prospectus 2023 below to calculate your AP (admission point). The table applies to all examination authorities/bodies in South Africa, as well as internationally.
For more information, visit mb.usaf.ac.za
- A non-refundable annual administrative fee is charged on all international student accounts.
- Closing date for international students’ applications for undergraduate studies is 31 August.
- You must have a VALID study visa before you can enter South Africa.
- Make sure your study visa is issued for study purposes at the UFS, and not at any other institution in South Africa. You must have a valid and appropriate/correct visa to be registered at the UFS.
- You must be a member of a medical aid registered in terms of the Medical Schemes Act 1998 of South Africa, as required by the South African Immigration Act. It is important that your medical aid cover MUST be valid for the duration of your studies at the UFS. No travel insurance, hospital plans or foreign medical aids will be accepted. For more information on registered medical aids, visit: https://www.medicalschemes.com/MedicalSchemes.aspx.
- A first payment is required before you can register as a UFS student. The Department of Student Finance will communicate the amount and payment deadline to you. For more information, visit tuition fees
- If you have a scholarship, inform your sponsor of the UFS regulations on registration fees and tuition-fee payments before you register.
If you need more information, contact the relevant person:
Immigration, Accreditation, Medical Aid, Finances, and Student Administration: Jeanne Niemann: +27 51 401 3219 | email@example.com
Incoming exchange students, internationalisation@home coordinator: Bulelwa Malo: +27 51 401 9436 | firstname.lastname@example.org
International Office, Qwaqwa Campus: Kanego Mokgosi: +27 58 718 5115 | email@example.com