The Boitumelo Hospital Nursing School Admission Requirements … All Boitumelo Hospital Nursing School Prospective Students who wish to study in any faculty that Boitumelo Hospital Nursing School offers is expected to check the Minimum Entry Requirements for courses.
Boitumelo Hospital Nursing School Admission Requirements, Boitumelo Hospital Nursing School Courses and Requirements, Boitumelo Hospital Nursing School Application Requirements, Boitumelo Hospital Nursing School Registration R
The Management of the Boitumelo Hospital Nursing School has stated that all Applicants are to take notes of these Admission Requirements before Applying for Admission.
Check Boitumelo Hospital Nursing School Admission Requirements Before Applying
All applicants starting a new qualification must upload all the required documents, which generally consists of the following:
- Copy of your school qualifications (eg Senior Certificate)
- Copy of your official tertiary academic record(s) (if applicable) (internet copies will not be accepted)
- Copy of your ID document (RSA students) or ID / passport (international students)
- Copy of your marriage certificate (if applicable) or divorce decree (if applicable)
- Sworn translations of documents if they are not in English or Afrikaans
Boitumelo Hospital Nursing School Admission Requirements
Below are the Boitumelo Hospital Nursing School Admission Requirements. Applicants are to read carefully before they put in an application.
Boitumelo Hospital Nursing School General Notes
Prospective students must meet the statutory minimum requirements based on the National Senior Certificate (NSC) or equivalent school leaving certificate for admission to higher certificate or diploma programmes and candidates educational certificate.
- Provisional admission will be based on levels/symbols obtained in Grade 12 June/September examinations or confirmation that study leave is being processed by the current employer. However the final decision for studying at Boitumelo Hospital Nursing School will be based on final Grade 12 results, confirmation that the applicant has been granted study leave by the employer and has not reached the pensionable age (55-60) applicable to all college programmes;
- There are specific requirements for all specific programmes. The Admission Point System (APS) is used for allocating point values to your NSC subjects or equivalent:
Admission Point System
|NSC Levels||NSC %||APS||APS %||Symbol|
For example, to register for a Basic Diploma you need an APS of at least 18 with a NSC/equivalent pass of Biology/Life Science at Level 4 or D Symbol and English at Level 3 or E Symbol Aggregate:
|NSC Subjects||NSC %||Level||APS Allocated|
Applicants have to meet the requirements for admission into the Diploma as she is above 18 points
- There are limits to the number of students that can be admitted to each programme as this is dependent on the accredited capacity of the South African Nursing Council. Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee acceptance or automatic registration to the specified programme. Candidates will be required to undergo testing and interviews as a means to further screen candidates.
- Candidates in possession of health related post matric experience/certificate will be registered as per the identified quota for that group as specified below:
- Scholars: 50%
- Candidates with pre-NSC Grade 12 certificate: 20%
- Candidates with health related post matric experience/certificate: 10%
- Serving Officers: 20%
- Please note that admission requirements are subject to change and the college:
- will invest heavily in nurses for ECDoH facilities;
- will not invest in candidates that have attempted other avenues for example dropped out of universities/technikons/colleges and;
- will not invest in candidates that are in possession of other qualifications. Should this be discovered at any stage during the process, the candidate will be disqualified.
- Click Here to Apply Boitumelo Hospital Nursing School Online Application
Boitumelo Hospital Nursing School Duration of Studies
This is a general guide as to the length of study for various academic programs offered at Boitumelo Hospital Nursing School.
|Short Learning Programmes: PHC||To Be Advised|
|New Nursing Auxiliary||To Be Advised|
|General Nursing Science (B/Course) R683||2 years|
|Basic Diploma (R425)||4 years|
|Post Basic/ Registration Diplomas: (R212)|
-Child Nursing Science
-Community Nursing Science
-Clinical Assessment, Treatment and Care
-Critical Nursing Science
-Operating Nursing Science
-Advanced Midwifery and Neonatal Care
-Orthopaedic Nursing Science
-Ophthalmic Nursing Science
-One Year Midwifery Nursing Science
|Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing and Midwifery: R174||4 years|
|Diploma in Nursing (Staff Nurse): R171||3 years|
|Higher Certificate in Auxiliary Nursing: R169||1 Year|
| Advanced Diploma in Midwifery: R786||1 Year|