Lilitha College of Nursing Online Application 2023
APPLICATIONS FOR: POST BASIC NURSING DIPLOMAS (R212), FOUR YEAR DIPLOMA IN NURSING (R425) AND ONE YEAR MIDWIFERY (R254), BRIDGING COURSE FOR ENROLLED NURSES (DIPLOMA IN GENERAL NURSING) R683 “BE INSPIRED TO BE A NURSE: LILITHA COLLEGE OF NURSING”
The Lilitha College of Nursing invites applications for: Post Basic Diplomas in Nursing Science (R212): Clinical Health Assessment, Treatment and Care (PHC), Advanced Midwifery and Neonatal Care (Centralized and Decentralized programs), Community Nursing Science, Child Nursing Science, Operating Theatre, Critical Care, Orthopedic Nursing Science, Ophthalmic Nursing Science.
Basic Diplomas: Four Year Diploma in Nursing Science and Midwifery (R425) course leading to Registration as a Nurse (General, Community, Psychiatry and Midwifery), One Year Midwifery (254) and Diploma in General Nursing (Bridging Course for qualified practicing Enrolled Nurses) R683 from young, compassionate and caring individuals who are passionate about nursing and wish to start their career in Nursing Profession in the Eastern Cape Province or upgrade their current nursing status (having been granted Study Leave by the current Employer).
REQUIREMENTS: A well written application letter accompanied by the following documents: • Certified copy of a valid grade 12 certificate with aggregate D or E/S (from 750 and above) – old certificate and meet minimum requirements for admission to a bachelor’s degree or diploma for the new certificate.
• Certified copy of 2017 Grade 11 end of the year report or term 1 Grade 12 report for candidates who are still doing Grade 12.
• The certificate or report must have the following subject as they are compulsory: English Level 3 and above/E symbol – old certificate and Biology (Life Sciences) Level 4 and above/D symbol –old certificates, other science subjects (Physical Science, Mathematics, Geography, Agriculture, Life Orientation) will be an added advantage as the Admission Point System (with minimum points of 18) will be utilized to select these candidates.
• Certified copy of study leave or letter from supervisor indicating that study leave is being processed for government employees.
• Certified copy of identity document
• Certified copy of a marriage certificate for married candidates
• Curriculum vitae with reliable contact numbers and clear physical address indicating the town/farm/village of origin AS A CATCHMENT AREA
• An original bank copy of a R50.00 deposit slip (as proof of having deposited the R50.00 non-refundable application fee to: Account Name : Lilitha College of Nursing Bank : First National Bank Branch : Bhisho Account Number : 62407182229 Branch Code : 210619 Reference : APP – Name and Surname
NB. For Post Basic Diploma, and One Year Diploma in Midwifery applicants must attach copy of the current South African Nursing Council license to practice, and must have been exposed in the specialist field/discipline applying for; Age limit for the Four Year Diploma R425 for those who are currently not practicing as nurses is 17-35 years on registration with Lilitha College of Nursing, and for those who are practicing as nurses is 45 years. Your application must be sent to one main/sub campus nearest to your place of residence:
MTHATHA CAMPUS : Umthatha Main Campus – Mthatha General Hospital Private Bag X 5014 Umthatha, 5099 Dr Malizo Mpehle Sub-campus in Tsolo
EAST LONDON CAMPUS : Frere Site Lennox Road, Amalinda Private Bag X 9023 East London, 5200 Victoria Sub Campus in Alice Tafalofefe Sub Campus in Centane Madwaleni Sub Campus in Elliotdale
QUEENSTOWN CAMPUS : Queenstown Campus Lilitha – Frontier Hospital Queenstown Health Resource Centre Private Bag X 7063 Queenstown, 5320 Umlamli/Emplisweni Cluster Sub Campus In Sterkspruit
PORT ELIZABETH CAMPUS (OLD SHIRLEY CRIBB NURSING COLLEGE BUILDING) 58 Park Drive Central Port Elizabeth, 6000 Dora Nginza in Port Elizabeth Andries Vosloo in Somerset East Settlers in Grahamstown Midlands in Graaf Reinet
LUSIKISIKI CAMPUS St Elizabeth Hospital Private Bag X 1007 Lusikisiki, 4802 Madzikane kaZulu in Mt Frere
The courses will commence on:
• Diploma in General Nursing (Bridging Course) :R683: 01 January 2023;
• Diploma in Nursing Science (general, Community, Psychiatry) and Midwifery: R425: 01 February 2023;
• Post Basic Diplomas: R212: 01 March 2023,
Faxed applications will not be processed. Enquiries: MS S Ngwenze @043 700 9717/063 171 1499 Closing Date: 25 MAY 2023