NMU – Nursing Postgraduate Studies
Postgraduate Study Option
Quality in Nursing and Midwifery (INSINQ) is a research focus area within the Faculty of Health Sciences of the North-West University.
There is global concern about the quality of nursing and midwifery care, as well as the work environment of nurses. The focus of INSINQ’s research is placed on themes aimed at improving the quality of nursing and midwifery through research to promote excellence in teaching-learning, clinical practice, community engagement, innovation and leadership.
A high value is currently placed on the development of a competent nursing workforce and the resultant effect on practice. We recognise that the translation of research evidence in practice will greatly contribute to the alignment of activities in research and practice in order to improve quality.
The research focus area Quality in Nursing and Midwifery (INSINQ) was officially established on 1 January 2013 and started its activities on 1 April 2013 when Prof CS Minnie was appointed as director.
MCur in Nursing Sciences (MCur)
Programme code: 833 100
- Nursing (G836P)
- Psychiatric Community Nursing (G834P)
PhD in Nursing Science
Programme code: 805 113
- Psychiatric Nursing (G954P)
- Midwifery and Neonatal Nursing, and Nursing (G955P)
Doctoral Programmes: PhD
- Psychiatric Nursing,
- Midwifery and Neonatal Nursing, and Nursing.
- Masters degree in Nursing
- At least 65% in Masters degree
1. Documents submitted with application
2. Essay on area of proposed study. (Students need to fit in promoters research programme)
3. Assessment of academic literacy
4. Possible selection panel interview