Short Cource in Introduction to Information Technology Based Supplied Chain Management
Short Cource in Introduction to Information Technology Based Supplied Chain Management (75957)Purpose
This unit standard provides participants with an understanding of how information technology influences the core functions and processes of supply chain management. It will be useful for students interested in examining ways in which their organizations can gain competitive advantage by improving their supply chain performance.
Individuals with or without a managerial background who require a detailed understanding of the basic principles and practice of IT-based supply chain management. It is suitable for professionals in an IT- based operations or purchasing position who are not familiar with Supply Chain Management.
NQF level 6 qualification. If an applicant does not possess the required qualifications for enrolment, the Centre for Software Engineering may consider admission on the basis of seniority and appropriate experience in exceptional cases. A letter of substantiation should accompany such an application.
- Suggested textbook and additional material: Learners will be expected to work through the suggested textbook as well as additional study material that will be supplied.
- Tutorial letters: Learner will be provided with tutorial matters necessary for the understanding of the course contents as well as the completion of required assignments.
- Online-material: Additional support material will be made available to students on the course website. Workshops: In certain circumstances practical workshops may be organized whenever necessary.
- Telephone and e-mail support: This will be the preferred means of communication.
- The Internet: It will be used as an additional communication medium between the lecturers (feedbacks and assignments memorandums) and the learners (assignment submission).
Kind of assessment
Formative assessment and examination admission will comply with UNISA’s formative assessment rules and policies
Assignments and case studies
A two-hour written examination
Introduction to Information Technology Based Supply Chain Management (CSSC1DT)Syllabus/Content Topics
- Understanding the Information Technology based Supply Chain. Building Blocks, Performance Measures, Decisions in Supply Chain Management (SCM) in the context of Information Technology.
- Building Blocks of a Supply Chain Network Performance Measures
- Decisions in the Supply Chain World
- Models for Supply Chain Decision-Making
- Supply Chain Inventory Management in the context of Information Technology
- Economic Order Quantity Models
- Reorder Point Models
- Multi-echelon Inventory Systems
- Mathematical Foundations of Supply Chain Solutions in the context of Information Technology.
- Use of Stochastic Models and Combinatorial Optimization in:
- Supply Chain Planning
- Supply Chain Facilities Layout
- Capacity Planning
- Inventory Optimization
- Dynamic Routing and Scheduling Understanding the internals of industry best practice solution Internet Technologies and Electronic Commerce in SCM.
- Relation to ERP
- E-procurement, e-Logistics, Internet Auctions
- E-markets Electronic business process optimization
- Business objects in SCM
Mr S Singh BCom (IS) BTech (IT)
School of Computing
Office 8-078, Theo van Wijk Building, UNISA
Tel: 012 429 6640
Fax:012 429 6848
Ms E Havenga
School of Computing
Office 8-039, Theo van Wijk Building, UNISA
Tel: 012 429 6089
Fax: 012 429 6848