Unisa how to Register
Successful applicants and re-registering students must register to study through Unisa . Applicants can only begin the registration process if they have received and accepted an official approval of their application. Re-registering students can begin the registration process after receiving their registration details from Unisa.
Unisa’s online registration process is quick, simple and accurate. This is why we recommend this option. Once again, when registering online, you’ll be prompted when information is missing or incorrect, helping you to ensure that you include all important details and upload all necessary documents when submitting your registration form.
The steps are as follows
- Go to the Unisa registration website: http://registration.unisa.ac.za
- Enter your student number in the block provided and other details required. (If you don’t have a student number you won’t be able to continue; you’ll need to apply for a student number during the next application period.)
- Check your personal details on screen. Change any contact details that are missing or incorrect.
- Enter the modules you want to register for. You must
- meet all the pre-requisites and co-requisites for the selected module
- enter the correct module code
- select the correct semester (1 = first semester; 2 = second semester)
- indicate in which language you want to receive your study material (English or Afrikaans)
- Do not exceed the prescribed number of modules per semester or year, as your registration will not be processed.
- Calculate your fees
- Use the fee quotation link on the Unisa website (http://www.unisa.ac.za/feequote) to obtain a quote for the cost of your modules.
- Note the minimum fee that must be paid before Unisa will process your registration. If these fees are more than you can afford, delete modules until you can afford the fees.
- You can make payment online, using a credit card at http://www.unisa.ac.za/feepayment.
- If you don’t have a credit card, you can pay at a Standard Bank. Retain your proof of payment in case of enquiries.
- Submit your registration.
Study pack delivery options
Your first study material pack will be delivered to you via courier.
This only applies to the first study pack. Subsequent material will be sent via ordinary mail service to the South African Post Office. Once you have registered, you may register on myUnisa to access and download your study material online.
- Courier: There is no additional fee to courier your study material. Please provide Unisa with your cellphone number, an alternative contact number (in case we can’t get hold of you via your cellphone number) and a physical delivery address. Please ensure that someone is available to take receipt of your study material pack at the courier address you provide.
- Post: Provide Unisa with a correct address, suburb and postal code.
* Study material for second semester modules will only be sent to you at the start of the second semester. Second semester study material will also only be available on myUnisa at the start of the second semester.