University of Zululand (Unizulu) Nursing Application 2022/2023
The Admissions office at the University of Zululand is responsible for:
Assisting faculties in meeting their enrolment targets by admitting applicants who have the ability to succeed at the University. In addition to this, the office provides admission and academic programme advice to all prospective applicants as well as parents who want their children to study at UNIZULU;
Welcoming all first time entry applicants to the University;
Assisting faculties in meeting their enrolment targets by admitting applicants who have the ability to succeed at the University;
Providing admission and academic programme advice to all prospective applicants as well as parents who want their children to study at UNIZULU;
Assisting applicants with application forms and booklets with information on academic programmes, requirements and duration of the academic programme. It is very important that applicants observe these requirements before they apply to study at the University of Zululand. Application forms are also accessible from the Central Applications Office (CAO) in Durban, KwaZulu-Natal. Prospective applicants are advised to submit the forms to the CAO or the Kwa-Dlangezwa or Richards Bay Campus Admissions offices with the relevant documents and proof of payment for their application.
|FORM NAME||DOWNLOAD LINK|
|Application Form for Postgraduate Studies – ADM01||Download|
|Departmental Postgraduate Form – PGRD2||Download|
|Application for Returning Students – ADM02||Download|
|Applicant Information – biographical data change form – ADM03||Download|
|Acceptance Offer Form – ADM04||Download|
|Application for PGCE Form – PGCE||Download|
|CAO Change of Mind/Extending your Application Request Form||Download|
International Student Application
The University of Zululand is compelled to ensure that government’s regulations are implemented and complied with, in terms of the international student’s documentation. Therefore, all international students are urged to be in possession of valid documents before registering with the University.
In terms of the Immigration Act, Foreign students must provide the following documents:
- Valid passport
- Study permit for UZ
- SAQA verification certificate
- Proof of financial means (bank statements, bursaries, cash available/traveller’s cheque to cover envisaged living expenses during the sojourn in the Republic and to pay tuition fees)
- You must make arrangements for adequate medical insurance cover while studying in the Republic of South Africa before registration
It is strongly advised that foreign students approach the South African Embassy in their home countries for more information or requirements before they come to the Republic of South Africa to study. Alternatively, applicants may visit the Department of Home Affairs at www.dha.gov.za
Kindly note in terms of the South African Immigration Act, 2002, its amendment Act 2004 and 2014 the Registrar of UNIZULU will:
Provide proof of registration as contemplated in the relevant legislation within 60 days of registration; or
– In the event of a failure to register by the closing date, provide the Director General with a notification of failure to register within 7 days of the closing date of registration
– within 30 days of de-registration, notify the Director-General that the applicant is no longer registered with UNIZULU; and
– within 30 days of completion of studies, notify the Director-General when the applicant has completed his or her studies or requires to extend such period of study
Before applying for a study permit, please note:
- You must make arrangements to pay all University fees for the duration of studies.
- You are required to return to your home country on completion of your studies.
Should you require any further information please contact the International Student Office at (+27) 359026548 or email at CebekhuluB@unizulu.ac.za
ACCOMMODATION: Please arrange your own accommodation if you have not been allocated a room by the University.
May I take this opportunity to wish you success with your studies, we look forward to welcoming you as a student.