Helderberg Training Centre Application 2022, The Helderberg Training Centre, which was founded in 1991, is accredited by the South African Nursing Council as a training facility and provisionally registered with the Department of Higher Education in terms of the Further Education & Training Act. It is also registered as a non-profit organization (059-906NPO) and a public benefit organization (PBO 930024742). Since its inception, some 2300 learners have been registered with the Centre. Many of these auxiliary nurses have gone on to further their nursing careers through one of the public or private teaching hospitals.
The online form is at the bottom of this page, please read the following information first.
Before completing the Online Application form, please make sure you have various documents already scanned and ready to be uploaded. Please check the list below of possible documents. Not all are required by every prospective student.
All prospective South African and International students are required to send:
- Copy of your Identity Document (South African students), or copy of your passport (International students).
- Colour photograph of yourself. Should be ID or Passport size or larger.
- Copy of High School or School Leaving certificate. If you are still in your final year, include your latest examination results. Provide certified English translations if needed.
- Copy of Medical Aid Card (South African students), or valid medical insurance recognised in South Africa, including cover for doctor’s and hospital fees (international students).
- Copy of your Proof of Payment for the Application Fee.*
International students, you may need to include a TOEFL certificate – ONLY for International students who have not received their High School education in English.
TRANSFER STUDENTS must include their Transcript. Please make sure you have an original official transcript. Provide English translations if applicable.
BA Theology Students must also include the documents below:
- Letter of recommendation from your Conference President on an official Conference letterhead.
- Letter of recommendation from the church board where your church membership is held.
- Letter of recommendation from your local church Pastor.
- Copy of Baptismal certificate.
*Application Fee – See Financial Brochure. Banking details for the application fee:
- ABSA Bank – Current Account, Acc Number 4060394706, Branch Code 632656, SWIFT Code: ABSAZAJJCCT
This application form must be completed by all who have:
- Not registered at Helderberg College before;
- Registered previously, but interrupted their studies for one or more years;
- Applied but not registered within a year of acceptance.
- Nursing History and Ethics
- Basic Nursing Care
- Elementary Nutrition
- First Aid
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Introduction to Comprehensive Health Care
- Currently be unemployed
- Reside in the Western Cape for the duration of the course
- Be South African citizens
- Have Grade 12 with an average of 50% for English
- Biology and Natural Science would be advantageous
- Be fully functioning in basic mathematics, which will be tested
- Be fully conversant in English.
- Must have completed a care giver course at an accredited institution with at least 6 months experience post qualification.
How to Register/ Apply:
Click here for Application Forms.
|1. Complete the application form||1a) Complete the form on the webpage or print and send to us via email or the postal service.|
1b) You will be invited to the Selection Test if you meet the admission criteria.
|2. Write the Selection TestYou need to bring the following to the test:|
2 x certified copies of Identification Document
2 x certified copies of Grade 12 qualification
2 x certified copies of the Statement of Symbols
Bring R200.00 for handling fee
Copies of ALL courses done which is relevant to nursing
|2a) You will not be allowed to sit the test unless you have all the relevant documents with you.|
2b) You need to pass the test with 75% in order to proceed to the next step
2c) If you pass you will be invited to the Selection Interview
|3. Do the interview||3a) On successfull completion of the Selection Interview, you will be offered a placement on the course.|
You need to report to the Helderberg Training Centre (Michael’s Arcade, Main Road, Somerset-West) on the date provided at 07:30. If you are late, or do not have all the required documentation, you will not be allowed to sit the test.
- 2 x certified copies of Identification Document
- 2 x certified copies of Grade 12 qualification
- 2 x certified copies of the Statement of Symbols
- bring R 200 for handling fee.
|Postal Address:||P.O. Box 1069Somerset West7130|
|Physical Address:||Michael ArcadeSomerset WestWestern Cape|
|Contact Details :||Land line: 021 851 9168|
Fax: 021 852 3786