University of the Witwatersrand (WITS) Nursing Application 2022/2023
To apply online, go to: www.wits.ac.za/applications/
- You may apply for a maximum three degrees (order of choice does not matter).
- If you apply for two programmes within one Faculty, you are advised to apply for one programme in a less restricted faculty (e.g. Humanities, Commerce or Science).
- Try to keep your options open, especially when applying for programmes in Faculties such as Health Sciences or Engineering.
- A non-refundable application fee of R100 for South African citizens, and R700 for international applicants, is required.
Closing dates – All 2022 applications for undergraduate full-time study have closed. Applications for 2022 will open in March 2022.
30 June 2022 – Faculty of Health Sciences (all programmes); Bachelor of Architecture; Bachelor of Audiology, Bachelor of Speech-Language Pathology 30 September 2022 – All other University programmes; Residence applications. Additional Forms Does your degree programme have additional selection procedures? Some degrees have additional selection requirements such as portfolio and essay submissions, auditions or National Benchmark Testing. Please click on Additional Forms below to see if this applies to you.
Pay Application Fee
- Non-refundable application fee of R100 for South African citizens
- Non-refundable application fee for International citizens of R700
- Payments to be made before closing dates.
How to pay
Deposit exact amount into the University’s Application fee account:
- Standard Bank, Account name: Wits University – Application Fees. Current Account Number: 200 346 385, Branch code: Braamfontein 004 805. CI Number 074A. (International payment swift code: SBZAZAJJ). Use the unique payment number as a reference
- Pay by cash or credit card at the Wits Fees Office, Ground Floor, Solomon Mahlangu House (Senate House), Braamfontein Campus East, Jorissen Street, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, South Africa
- EFT – Use your person/student number as a reference.
Nurses work collaboratively with physicians, therapists, patients and families and focus on treating illness to improve quality of life. The degree prepares professionals for general nursing and midwifery practice
The Faculty of Health Sciences does not calculate an APS score. Only five subjects are used to derive a matriculation score, which is calculated according to the percentage obtained NOT symbols. These are English, Maths, Physical Science/Life Sciences and the best two other subjects.
The National Senior Certificate (NSC) is the current school-leaving qualification. It is based on the current curriculum for Grades 10 to 12. In the year of your matriculation, this is the school leaving certificate you will receive if you pass your exams.
The minimum entry requirements are:
- English Home or First Additional Language – Level 4 (50%)
- Mathematics – Level 4 (50%)
Life Science and/or Physical Science – Level 4 (50%)
- You may apply for three programmes (degrees).
- Applications to Wits must enclose a non-refundable application fee of R100 (for international applicants, R700).
Documentation / Checklist
- Submit your Grade 11 report which must be signed and stamped by your school principal.
- If you have already matriculated, attach a copy of your matric certificate.
Submit your application, required documentation and application fee before the closing date.
- Career Opportunities
- Health service manager
- Complete an online application to study at Wits